[Lab] Ottawa Mantis CNC Build

Boris Bokowski bokowski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:06:00 EST 2011

Tom, thanks a lot for the time you've invested so far, the wiki page
(http://www.artengine.ca/modlab/index.php/Mantis_CNC_Build_2011) is
very useful!

I am still interested in the Mantis, even after looking at the My DIY
CNC web pages. My impression is that the Mantis build is the result of
at least a few iterations, and has been built by a number of folks
already. In contrast, My DIY CNC looks like it's an initial design
that is not yet proven (but maybe I missed something?).

So, I'm still in for the Mantis, but can't offer to take a more active
role right now because I want to focus on my Prusa Mendel first. If
anybody else is willing to step in that's great, but I won't be
disappointed if not.

Boris