[Lab] yellow jackets and electricity

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sat Aug 27 15:54:27 EDT 2011

Let's say I have a nasty yellow jacket nest that's starting to cause
problems.

I've dealt with these in the past when the next is very exposed but this
time I only have access to an opening about an inch where they are coming
and going.

Has anybody ever tried to put some sort of zapper near an entrance? Seems
that should be an easy way to get them.

A trap seems to take long because they only go into it once in a while so it
takes a long while.

I figure if I put a couple of electrodes near the hole, they could complete
the gap.

If this would work, I wonder how many bugs a couple of D-cells could zap?