No subject

Sat Apr 16 19:32:22 EDT 2011

implementation, not the chips themselves.

On Friday, May 27, 2011, Paul & Andrea Mumby <themumbys at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't used the 3986 before, only the 4983, and I run them at 16th ste=
p microstepping, and have never had a problem (nice and smooth and quiet). =
They do need good active cooling though if your getting them up around the =
max of 2A per phase. They have internal thermal protection, but when the dr=
iver starts cutting in and out due to overheat it kind of ruins whatever it=
 is your trying to do with it...

> - Paul
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:04 PM, krazatchu . <krazatchu at hotmail.com> wrot=
e:

> I think it was the Allegro A3986 that had issues with micro stepping...
>
> Michael
>
> From: tom.i.burns at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:59:46 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Lab] CNC driver IC
> To: samroesch at gmail.com
> CC: krazatchu at hotmail.com; lab at artengine.ca
>
> Aren't those the chips that are generally regarded as being low-quality, =
problematic, and people typically suggest to avoid? =A0It was specifically =
in reference to the cheap driver boards on ebay if I remember what I read o=
n CNC zone.

> Cheers,Tom
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Sam Roesch <samroesch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> A whole back I posted some tb6560 stuff on my website:
> www.samroesch.blogspot.com/search/label/stepper%20driver
>
> On Friday, May 27, 2011, Michael <krazatchu at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Someone asked me last night what the driver chip was for the stepper dri=
vers commonly found on eBay was...