[Lab] how many amps

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Sun Apr 24 11:50:27 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 09:59:08AM -0400, Darcy Whyte wrote:
> How many amps does a dremel draw at 120v?
>
> If I were to put a fuse across it's power, what would be a good size? I
> occasionally stall my dremel in my CNC machine and I want to shut it off
> when that happens.
>
> Any other ideas aside from a fuse?

An inline fuse would be a good idea.  A circuit breaker might be better
if you plan on stalling it often.

As for the value, I'd just do a few tests and hook up an AC Ammeter in
series to find out what it uses idle, under heavy load, and stalled.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!