[Lab] sketchupsperts?

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:59:15 EDT 2011

Yeah sorry the boolean stuff is pro only. But intersection as Andrew linked
would work just as well for your purposes :) I use intersection all the time
when cutting holes through odd surfaces, I just push a tube through the
whole thing and intersect the faces, then delete the excess.

Be aware though sometimes using the intersect function does other wierd
things (I've had it generate additional artifacts in my models such as
excess lines in the middle of a face, or randomly make a line dissapear, but
leave the face intact, which later will ruin it for export if you don't
catch it... I can normally find these visually by just looking for extra
unwanted lines, or discoloration (if you have it in shaded mode you can see
the lighting/shading on the surface go all wonky if it created artifacts, or
if there are missing bits of geometry you might see some faces jump to the
darker color (for internal faces) which you don't want.

- Paul