[Lab] how to change endmills and not loose Z zero?

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:43:50 EDT 2011

Ah, makes sense.

Instead of doing the switch at 0 then, maybe:

move to another known point that is clear,
calculate the software z position for a known physical height (like just
touching the base)
adjust Z so you can change end mills
reposition Z physically to the known physical height, the difference in Z
position is the offset?

Tom