[Lab] grommets and stuff

Richard Guy Briggs rgb at tricolour.net
Mon Apr 11 09:46:04 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 09:32:59AM -0400, Tom Burns wrote:
> On the cheap I would just tape any sharp edges and maybe tape the wires near
> that point as well.  duct tape, packing tape, electrical tape, any should
> suffice.  Ugly but sufficient.

Certainly start by removing any sharp edges with a file.  Theoretically,
with a thick enough chassis/cabinet and a smooth enough file, you don't
need any tape, but it won't hurt.

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Darcy Whyte <darcy at siteware.com> wrote:
> > I am making up project cabinets. In most cases I'll be soldering rather
> > than using connectors.
> >
> > What to use for wire exits? Grommets? Where to get them?
> >
> > I'm just concerned about wear of the wires at the exit holes.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Is it okay to just get some rubber tubing, split it and glue it to the
> > sharp edges?

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!