[Lab] Now tablet PC

Mike Ayukawa mike.ayukawa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:14:22 EDT 2010

  Andrew,
Other than the video editing and animation, I'd consider getting a low
powered, long battery life
netbook like tablet. There is a wave of Android based units coming down
the chute from ASUS,
Samsung, Dell, and Motorola.
I'm waiting to see the Asus Eee Pad.  I'm actually becoming quite a fan
of their Eee series with
their long battery life in their netbooks.  If you can hack b/w, they
have something
that they call the Eee Tablet that is more akin to a Kindle but has a
very high resolution
stylus based touchscreen that is setup for drawing.
I bicycle just about anywhere, year around and going light is a real bonus.
  I also have found putting my netbook in a $12 MEC drysack is extra
insurance.  MEC has a small
one that fits well.  My panniers leak and sometimes so does my water bottle.
/Mike