No subject

Fri Oct 15 15:05:20 EDT 2010

 Hi,
I'm not sure if you're dedicated to using an arduino,
but a cheaper (albeit much simpler and smaller chip
without as friendly a programming environment)
alternative would be the texas instrument launchpad=2E
=C2=A0The development board, usb programmer, and 2 chips
cost under $10=2E

http://processors=2Ewiki=2Eti=2Ecom/index=2Ephp/MSP430_LaunchPad_(MSP-EXP430=
G2)?DCMP=3Dlaunchpad&HQS=3DOther+OT+launchpadwiki

Alternately if you need to use arduino software, you
could just get the atmega chip and supporting
hardware (crystal, caps, voltage regulator & battery
terminal if powering off batteries) and build your
own board with a protoboard from radio shack or
similar=2E =C2=A0You'll also need to get a programmer for
the AVR chips which will initially cost more than the
cost of an arduino but after a few boards will save
you lots of money compared to buying an arduino for
every project=2E

Tom
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM, cmah444 at aceweb=2Ecom