[Lab] [hacklab-discussion] urban composting

Mike Rowse mike at mcmastermm.ca
Thu Nov 25 10:49:44 EST 2010

Hi Darcy,

My partner who is studying urban agriculture and food systems says that
to keep it composting during the winter usually requires a rather large
container (roughly 4x4 to ensure that it does), which is many cases is
larger than a balcony can hold. She says the best bet in your situation
is probably vermi-composting. Suggestion to get started is Cathy's
Crawly composters. We have one in our appartment and it never smells; it
is also strangely enjoyable to keep them. :-)

Cheers,
Mike