[Lab] urban composting

Mike Ayukawa mike.ayukawa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 10:49:20 EST 2010

Newsprint these days is better than before but still avoid the glossy
stuff and all
those inserts.
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/97405.html
Vericomposting does take effort to harvest the worms.
You really need two bins running in parallel like any composter
since there is a latency between your organic scraps and compost.

If you wanted to automate, I'd take some ideas from the humus toilet
companies.  I've had one of these at the cottage for 10 years.  Needs
replacing and am thinking of one from this company:
http://www.sun-mar.com/tech_drum.html

/Mike