[Lab] Another requests - tell us about your projects

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:34:46 EST 2010

Here is my list of projects. Not all have been worked on in the lab, being
as I'm new, but I definitely will be working on several in the lab or via
the mailing list.

There is a lot here, but I'll leave it up to you guys which ones are
appropriate for your grant paperwork and which ones aren't.

Hope this helps.

Names: Paul Mumby, Andrew Plumb
Project: RepRap Mendel 3D Printer
Link: http://www.makerengineering.com/
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Soldering Station, Basic Machining Tools,
Stepper Motors, Arduino, ModLab's Makerbot (used to print several of my
parts)
Year: 2010
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: YES

Names: Paul Mumby, William Harding
Project: FabPod (New innovative 3D printer design I am fully designing and
building from scratch)
Link: http://www.reprap.org/wiki/FabPod
Materials/Technology Used: My RepRap 3D Printer, CAD Software (Google
Sketchup/Solidworks), PC, Soldering Station, Machining Tools, Servo Motors,
Arduino
Year: 2010 onward
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: YES

Names: Paul Mumby, Darcy Whyte
Project: Parts for Custom Laser Cutter
Materials/Technology Used: PC, CAD Software (Sketchup/Solidworks), My RepRap
3D Printer, CO2 Laser Cutter
Year: 2010 Onward
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: YES

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: Custom Humanoid Robot Design for AI Experimentation
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Visual Studio Professional (C# Programming
Language). PIC Microcontrollers, Servo Motors, CNC Mill, My RepRap 3D
Printer, Lithium Polymer Batteries.
Year: 2008 - Present (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: Custom Rolling Robot Platform for AI/Machine Vision Systems
Experimentation
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Visual Studio Professional (C# Programming
Language). PIC Microcontrollers, RC Hobby DC Motors, Webcams, Ultrasonic
Range Finder, Servo Motors, CNC Mill, My RepRap 3D Printer, Lithium Polymer
Batteries.
Year: 2008 - Present (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: Fully Procedurally Generated Multi Platform Adventure Game Engine &
Development Framework
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Visual Studio Professional (C# Programming
Language)
Year: 2010 (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: PHPNN: Open Source PHP Neural Net Framework (for experimentation
into Neural Net based AI)
Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpnn
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Linux, PHP
Year: 2007 - 2008
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: DotNetNN: Open Source Dot Net Neural Net Framework (for
experimentation into Neural Net based AI)
Materials/Technology Used: PC, Visual Studio 2008 Pro (C# Programming
Language)
Year: 2009 - Present (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Names: Paul Mumby, Ian Anstey
Project: DIY Theramin. Building our own version of the Theramin Musical
Instrument of our own design
Materials/Technology Used: PC, EDA Suite (for Schematic and PCB Design),
Soldering Station.
Year: 2009 - Present (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Names: Paul Mumby
Project: ProTag Custom Professional Grade Laser Tag System
Materials/Technology Used: PC, PIC Microcontrollers, CAD Software, EDA
Suite, My RepRap 3D Printer, Lithium Polymer Batteries, Infrared LEDs,
Optics
Year: 2008 - Present (still ongoing)
Previously worked on via lab, or mailing list: NO (but likely will in the
future)

Thanks!

- Paul