[Lab] [ORE_bits] RE: plastics source

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Wed Nov 10 12:35:25 EST 2010

thanks.

Perhaps we should go to cannus plastics. Guy and I want to work on the laser
brackets some more.

the laser is 54mm diameter. So I need a 74mm diameter circle with some nylon
bolts as spokes facing the tube. Like this:
http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/6997263/precision_laser_mounts.html

<http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/6997263/precision_laser_mounts.html>I
figure I should use my 1/4 -20 nylon bolts (or at least have some nylon ends
for the bolts).

So we should cut the brackets from 3/8"?

Guy and I were discussing having circle of plastic that goes directly
against the tube and the bolts press against the plastic rather than
directly against the tube. We would split the inner circle into 3 parts so
that one part is at the end of each bolt.

So I want to get some material to get these mounts made.