[Lab] [ORE_bits] RE: laser mirror holders

Mike Ayukawa mike.ayukawa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:24:48 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm wondering if you are using mirrors typical for CO2 lasers or a
traditional optical?
My experience is with higher power and tunable dye argon lasers but the
CO2 lab
used to use these front surface mirrors.
I just looked this up:
http://www.eoc-inc.com/co2_laser_optics_mirrors.htm
http://www.eoc-inc.com/lbp/technical.pdf
and what was interesting was that many of these high power mirrors are
just polished
metal slabs with an IR coating (helps to prevent oxidation I would
assume as well).
If you can connect with a DIY astronomy group, you might luck out and
find someone with
an evaporator who coats mirrors and might be able to do an IR coating
for you.
/Mike