[Lab] laser mirror holders

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:18:55 EDT 2010

There will be several 3d printers at the maker faire, I would bet you could
have mirror holders made at the maker faire with enough
bartering/negotiating lol... 1" holding brackets wouldn't take long to
print, it would mostly be design/testing time that would consume the most
effort...

I'd be fine with printing them for you at maker faire for cost of plastic
used (which would be minimal, hell I would likely do it for free depending
on the volume of plastic). provided we have the time/resources to design the
parts. I'm sure a lot of the other guys will have more Industrial Design
experience than I do though.

Anyway, point being there will be at minimum 5 3d printers, and possibly as
many as 7-8 at the maker faire. So between all of them I'm sure your parts
could get done ;)

Also there is talk about kickstarting the RepRap Loaner program at the
ottawa Maker Faire, so we will be trying to build a reprap mendel at the
faire, and use it as a community loaner model.

I've been working on printing parts to have at the maker fair in the
evenings this week (just for examples) so if you have a design in mind, or
some info, perhaps I could run a few off as tests tonight or tomorrow, and
bring them along, get a bit of a head start.

Let me know.

- Paul