[Lab] Fab Fair in the Fall

Sebastien Bailard penguin at supermeta.com
Fri May 21 04:52:35 EDT 2010

On May 14, 2010 11:10:37 am Ryan Stec wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>
> The dates for Electric Fields are Wednesday November 3rd to Sunday
> November 7th, so it would be a nice stretch of time between now and then.
> Maybe this would be even more incentive to send a group of people to the
> Maker Fair in NYC ;) I will ask around if any one knows of doing a group
> rate thing. I think there is an NYC art trip out of the Ottawa School of
> Art maybe.

Rob Gilson and I will probably head down for NYC Maker Faire to help
table for NYC-RepRap User Group, so we are in for a road-trip-caravan.

Andrew, Ryan, other RepRap/RepStrap users, would you like to help table?
It's fun.  :)

> I wondered about what it would be to have an official license on the Maker
> Fair. I'm sure it would add some extra momentum to the whole thing. We'll
> have to look into it, maybe if we could get another partner on board that
> would make it easier.
>
> cheers
> ryan

Maker Faire does license / "bless" mini-faires like this:
http://www.a2makerfaire.com/2010/

I'll ask the organizers about it during down-time at this maker faire
or over email if there is no down time, if you like.

I'll try to put together some thoughts/notes on it all, but there is a
lot to keep track of, just from the point of view of organizing a
booth.  (Can't promise any pictures, as I'm currently between cameras,
more's the pity.)

-Sebastien