[Lab] WindPOV project...

krazatchu Grant krazatchu at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 21:08:08 EDT 2010

Hey peoples...

For the last day and half I've been working on a wind turbine powered weather station using an 8 bit/LED POV on the spinning blades for the display...

I'm trying to one up the neighbors solar LEDs.. lol

The stepper being used as a generator is mounted to the blades and the
shaft is held stationary to negate the need for slip rings...

I have the hardware built and am currently working on the code. The
entire system is running under 5 volts (3.5v) which is a first for me...

The project is semi-written up on my site here http://krazatchu.ca/?page_id=198
I will add the code and eagle files once it's finished...
Let me know what you think...

Michael