[Lab] Desktop CNC Machine project

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:49:34 EST 2010

You shouldn't refer to the Mantis as costing $100.  It's somewhere between
$200-$300.

I'm at work but I believe the cutting area of the Mantis is quite close to
that.  Might be 7"x10", can't remember off the top of my head.

For $390 including spindle & controller board that CNC is the best deal on a
desktop CNC on the market today.  It says "complete kit" but it doesn't
mention power supply.  Either way it would be the cheapest option.

I'm in.

Tom