[Gridflow-dev] ruby2 problems

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jan 11 22:42:19 EST 2016

Le 2015-12-22 à 11:31:00, Claude Heiland-Allen a écrit :

> Tried to compile gridflow from svn on Debian Jessie this morning, but failed:
> ./configure is not compatible with ruby2, some Config objects changed in ruby
> or so it looks - any idea how to fix it?

My way to fix it was to just run it using ruby1.9, e.g. instead of

   ./configure

you'd do

   ruby1.9 configure

but obviously, in the long term, it's not a good idea.

> Or should I consider gridflow abandonware / bitrotten?

Yes and no. I'd like to release whatever was done after version 9.14 and
make sure it can run correctly with modern versions of Pd (that is,
post-0.42). There are incompatibilities with >=0.43 that still aren't
fixed, many years after the release of 0.43. Yet, I don't really do arts
anymore. Once in a while, I open my guitar filter/accompanier patch and
realise that it needs some help to get running and still is clunky. I'd
enjoy some help.

BTW, don't you have write access to the svn, to commit your diff ? If not,
I'll give you one. But I'll help you getting GridFlow running
satisfactorily.