[Gridflow-dev] [#expr] (was: jMax)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 24 13:31:14 EDT 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Can there be semicolons in addition to some future mechanism for naming
> outlets?  Or does that get too complex?

I think that [#expr] could be split into several classes for that kind of
thing. [#expr] would work most closely like [expr], whereas an [if] or
[#if] class could work like what you say.

I think that the right-to-left output of [#expr] is important and should
be kept as-is. In Pd, either classes behave exactly like that, or they do
something completely different (where only a portion of the outlets are
used at a time, usually just one); I don't think that there is any class
that uses both of those "modes" at once.

btw I just got $f1 $f2 $f3 etc into [#expr].

I just tested [#expr $f4+($f5-$f4)*($f1-$f2)/($f3-$f2)] and it works.