[Gridflow-dev] Fwd: trying to use the [#record] function in Gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 6 20:20:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Gregory DAVID wrote:

> Also, if I try to save to a file without '.mov' suffix, the error is
> like that :
>    #io./Users/groolot/test out

This is because it goes through the file-association feature of GridFlow,
and it doesn't find that suffix, so, it can't associate it automatically
with the quicktime-handler... that's how [#out] works. Then [#record]
could force the use of quicktime, but it doesn't, because it uses «open»
with only one argument.

If you change [#record] so that its «open $1» becomes «open quicktimeapple
$1», it will work.

([#out] can't complain about the problem in any better way, because it
can't know that it's wrong : a format handler is not required to take an
argument... for example «open quartz» makes [#out] open a window)

> All of that doesn't work even I turn On or Off the Audio computing (in
> case of).

[#out] and [#record] don't use audio at all.