[Gridflow-dev] GridFlow for Windows

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun May 2 19:56:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, rene beekman wrote:

> afair c/program files/common files/pd is where 3rd party externals
> should go because if you install it in extra, you'd have to re-install
> with the next pd update...

Yeah, I just changed it in the README for 9.9.

> also, if there is a cleaner way of installing the dlls inside windows32,
> that would be great (just tossing a bunch of files into an already over
> crowded folder does not seem like good system maintenance :) )

I don't know about that. Can you find out about it ?... e.g. tossing them
in c:/Program Files/Pd or wherever Pd.exe is...

> will be diving into gridflow over the coming weeks and will let you know
> if there is anything else i come across.

great! you will be happy to learn that there is now the [gemdead] class in
GridFlow 9.9, which allows you to use [pix_video] without a [gemwin], for
example. This will make it easier to use GridFlow on Windows, among other
things.