[Gridflow-dev] requests for GridFlow

mescalinum at gmail.com mescalinum at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:54:49 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 14:57 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, mescalinum at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > print: symbol videodev
>
> are you running the latest svn ? because this line isn't there anymore.

confirmed it doesn't show in latest svn
(previously I tested 0.9.7 ubuntu build)

> > this driver is unsupported: it wants palette 8 instead of 15
>
> I wanted to switch to libv4l in order to avoid this problem, but it seems
> like I'm still not there yet, so, I'll try providing you code for that,
> but I can't test it by myself, because I don't have the hardware for it.

I'll try too look at libv4l support later

> I just noticed that colourspaces support is broken. I'll have to fix that
> first... For now I enable YUYV. It should detect it, give you grids with
> very wrong content, but it should not crash. Is this what you get now ?
> (with commit #5180)
>
> > [route2 grid not_open]: close-paren without open-paren

this appear to be fixed too.

> can you test that, with commit #5178, the camera name appears properly, in
> the black bar of [#camera], when you try opening the camera ?

yes now the camera name appears correctly (I believe)

it says: UVC_Camera_[04f2:b172]
in fact driver in use is uvcvideo

$ lsusb -d 04f2:b172
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04f2:b172 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd

now I get a different type of error:

camera supports palettes : 8
error:
ioctl VIDIOCSCHAN: Invalid argument

(when I open the camera device)

but I'm unable to get any frames out of it. here's the error when I bang
#camera:

error:
ioctl VIDIOCGMBUF: Invalid argument
error:
[#io.videodev in /dev/video0]: ioctl error
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.