[Gridflow-dev] [PD] Gridflow+ L2Ork pd-extended (was: L2Ork pd-extended release candidate 1 now available)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Dec 8 10:02:14 EST 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> I have replaced  the g_canvas.h  with the version from L2Ork pd-extended
> and recomplided gridflow- yes it is stable now. However some objects are
> not loading/working specifically [#see] and [#out window].

I am replying back to the list because it looks like your email doesn't
have private content, even though you wrote it to just me.

The problem with [#see] must have to do with changes specific to L2Ork. Do
you get a crash ? It has to do with the NEWWB macro in
src/classes_gui.cxx, which allocates a t_widgetbehavior, but does not set
the 8th field. To do this in a way that is also compatible with
pd-extended's g_canvas.h, we have to add a CLEAR(wb) right there (it's
just a memset shortcut). I'm adding it now.

[#out window] is an alias for any of the 3 main image display handlers :
[#out x11], [#out sdl], [#out quartz]. (there are two more, [#out aalib]
and [#see], that aren't accessible by [#out window]).

To get [#out x11] working, you need to have enough .h files installed.
Perhaps you need libx11-dev, libxext-dev, and/or libxt-dev. They're not
listed in README. I'm adding them now.