[Gridflow-dev] 9.10 libdir dependencies

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Aug 10 07:20:03 EDT 2010

On 10/08/10 00:47, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>> button OK
>
> from [ggee], only for the [#many-prop], starting with GF 9.10.

Ok, will fix this in the deb packaging soon.

> With a pd that has an internal [wrap], how do you access zexy's [wrap] ?

It's automatic in puredata-0.42.5-3 (the internal one is hard to access)
but pdextended differs, iirc... messy... I think if pd-zexy had followed
a libdir layout then it might "just work".

> Please don't list PDP as a dependency, because... it's not. It's purely
> optional, at load-time.

I listed it as an optional dependency, "Recommends:" (weak dependency)
instead of "Depends:" (hard dependency), maybe it should be "Suggests:"
(which is weaker still).  Maybe I should add some "Enhances:" too, which
is like "Suggests:" but in the other direction.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org