[Gridflow-dev] [#in] or what?

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 28 23:37:48 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Michal Seta wrote:
>
>> [#in]'s helpfile is not very helpful, none of the suggested controls
>> (WRT videos) actually work (i.e. loop, seek etc)  Does it mean that
>> [#in]'s behaviour has changed or it's a bug (or a feature?  In that
>> case, is there another way to control videos?).
>
> Do you still run 0.9.2 ?

This is what I used:
GridFlow 0.9.5, Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Mathieu Bouchard
GridFlow was compiled on Aug 28 2008, 09:39:52

> [#in] and [#out] had just been rewritten (as
> abstractions instead of externals) at the time 0.9.2 was made.

That is correct.  It's an abstraction that dynamically creates [#io.*]
type object.  In case of my movie it is [#io.mpeg in
/absolute/path/to/my/mpeg] (NB. there does not seem to be help
available on [#io])
The help file is identified as GridFlow 0.9.1 so I was assuming that
simply help file has not changed and [#in] has retained the
functionality known at =<0.9.1

So if I would like have the kind of functionality that is described in
#in-help.pd, what do I do?
Or else, what did I do wrong?

./MiS