[Gridflow-dev] [win32] Building on MinGW, possible?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jun 21 18:11:17 EDT 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, federico wrote:

> okay, I did go a little further... I solved some stl conflicts, but now
> I am unsure about a (missing) memalign() function. I see other software
> (vlc media player, mplayer) have a what they call a memalign-hack, so
> seems is well known MinGW (and possibly others) haven't memalign()....
> what I could do? [could be replaced by malloc() eventually?]

Hey. Has this been sorted out yet? I had not really looked at that mail
yet... In gridflow2.h there are the lines:

#ifdef __APPLE__
static inline void *memalign (size_t a, size_t n) {return malloc(n);}
#else
#include <malloc.h>
#endif

So perhaps you want to change the #ifdef so that it also comes up with a
bogus memalign() as for OSX.

Actually, GridFlow used to have its own alignment, and then I discovered
memalign, but it turns out it's not standard enough, so I'll have to
revert to older tricks soon I guess... (alignment is getting ever more
important)