[Gridflow-dev] osx ruby/ruby configure

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Mar 26 17:38:16 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, james tittle wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2006, at 5:22 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> ...dynamic_lookup has always been suggested to me as a replacement
> for suppress, since it's addition (10.3+)...I don't know if there'd
> be any "speed" difference, but I do know that python has switched to
> this flag...

Ah ok. If Python made this their default, it must be fast enough.

> >> found itself in /Users/tigital/puredataDev/ gridflow we are using
> >> Ruby version 1.8.4 (done) ERROR: Cannot load GridFlow-for-Ruby
> >> (gridflow.so) ...any ideas?

I've just added something that prints Ruby's $: just before trying to load
gridflow.so. The $: variable is an array of strings which is the path
searched by Ruby for both .rb and .so files. It should contain some dirs
figured out by gridflow.pd_darwin at startup, then the contents of
RUBYLIB, then the ones hardcoded by "ruby/configure". Here I get:

Ruby's path = ["/home/matju/lib/pd/extra/gridflow/..",
"/home/matju/lib/pd/extra/gridflow",
"/home/matju/lib/pd/extra/gridflow/optional/rblti",
"/home/matju/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9",
"/home/matju/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/i686-linux",
"/home/matju/lib/ruby/site_ruby", "/home/matju/lib/ruby/1.9",
"/home/matju/lib/ruby/1.9/i686-linux", "."]

This is because I installed Ruby with --prefix=$HOME. My RUBYLIB
environment variable is currently unset (I don't need it).

> > Not enough info to answer you... run "pd -stderr" to get all error
> > messages together and maybe you'll have something.
> ...this was with "-stderr" :-\

Oh ok. I've just replaced a few fprintf's by post's too.

Update and try again.