[Gridflow-dev] [#import~]

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Mar 21 23:48:51 EST 2006

Hi all,

The help patch has no comments, but it's easy to work out how it all
works (I hope).  The only non-obvious thing is the creation arguments,
which are passed to a [block~ $1 $2 $3].  So (for example) to get a
dim[8096] grid when you bang the right inlet, with a timing granularity
of 1024 samples, you can do [#import~ 8096 8 1] - overlap 8 means you
get a block of 8096 samples every 8096/8=1024 samples, so these blocks
naturally overlap - was non-intuitive to me at first, but handy!  I've
not tried with resampling.

It seems to be pretty stable, and reasonably quick - I can push the
[metro] in the help patch to 40ms on my laptop (not tried on my desktop).

Hope this is useful to some people, help patch needs improvement for
sure, and the main patch should probably import as floats, but it works
for what I want to do.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org