[Gridflow-dev] latest gridflow compilation

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 21 14:33:14 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 acastonguay at artengine.ca wrote:

> Good news, the latest gridflow compiles and runs here. It compiled fine
> yesterday but failed to load when launching pd. I had to recompile ruby
> with --enable-shared (I had forgotten to do so and it worked for earlier
> versions of gf anyhow). At that point, ruby was still only recognised as
> a static lib when running ./configure.

rubystatic is supposed to work. I tested it recently enough. The
difference between ruby and rubystatic, is that with rubystatic you have a
gridflow.pd_linux that is 10 times bigger and that does not depend on
having the rest of ruby installed.

> A forced beboot after an unrelated crash overnight somehow changed that

I don't deal in voodoo.

> and now ./configure find ruby as a dynamic lib.

If you installed Ruby in /usr/local, that's not covered by
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it's in /etc/ld.so.conf, and so you have to run ldconfig