[Gridflow-dev] [Gridflow-cvs] [cvs] base: fix for #rotate (thanks claude)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sat Jan 14 00:22:59 EST 2006

Hi all,

In the (short!) time between reporting the bug and matju's fix, I made a
replacement for the important part of [#rotate]:

angle (0..36000)    scale (default 256)
  |                   |
[#2d_angle_to_rotation]

rotation matrix (Dim[2,2])

The attached help patch shows an example of usage, you can switch
between [#rotate] and the replacement.  The replacement is slightly[~]
faster, as the prescaling is performed on the 2x2 rotation matrix rather
than on the incoming coordinates.

I will try to revive my hypercube patches soon (probably after Make
Art), so expect [#3d_angle_to_rotation] and [#4d_angle_to_rotation]
then.  I remember feeling a lack of a [#draw_polygon_outline] or
[#draw_line] when I made the original, but maybe I can think of a more
interesting way of rendering than just edges.

[~] 10% of my Athlon XP 1600+ rotating 4x 512x512x2 per second with
./configure --debug --debug-harder

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org