connecting Gem and Gridflow (Was: Re: [Gridflow-dev] feature requests: @fold1, @foldr, @foldr1, @scan1. @scanr, @scanr1, unary ignore)

Claudius Maximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 15:18:10 EDT 2004

 --- Tom Schouten <doelie at zzz.kotnet.org> wrote:
> > Most likely not, but I am working on a patch for
> Puredata Trigger Gang
> > Bang 1 - have you any tips for connecting Gem with
> Gridflow?  I'm
> > experimenting with pix_snap, pix_dump and pix_set,
> but unsuccessful so
> > far in the 45mins I've spent on that aspect.
>
> What do you think about using pf for this? If
> possible i'd like to make
> gem and gridflow interface with pdp/pf in the same
> matter, keep it a bit
> simpler..

I managed to get Gridflow images into Gem like this:

                           [loadbang]

           grid[H][W][3]   [ 255 (
            |               |
[loadbang] [@cast float32] [@cast float32]
     |      |               |
    [RGB(  [@ /              ]
     /      |
[gemhead]  [@export_list]
 |/         |
[pix_set W H ]

useable-in-gem

replace "RGB" with "RGBA" for 4-channel images

Is there a way to cast Gridflow operators directly so
I don't have to cast both inputs?

My experiments trying to get Gem output into Gridflow
with [pix_snap], [pix_dump] and [@import] have so far
been unsuccessful, possibly because the float to int
conversion is happening at the wrong time - I end up
with a grid full of 0s.

=====
--
http://www.claudiusmaximus.tk
Each unsolicited commercial email received is subject to a US$50 handling fee.