Development Officer Position – Maternity Leave
The Ottawa School of Art is a community-based institution dedicated to visual arts education for students of all ages and abilities. The School runs five major educational programs and 2 public gallery spaces at 2 campuses. We are looking for a well-organized individual with excellent communications and interpersonal skills to develop and implement fundraising strategies in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Working with the Board and ED, will develop and implement fundraising strategic plans and coordinate fundraising activities
- Responsible for writing grant applications (government, corporate, foundations).
- Take a lead role in the development, coordination and production of fundraising events
- Responsible for research, initial and ongoing contact and proposals to foundations, corporations and individuals with regard to annual, major and planned giving.
- Organize and coordinate prospect donor and sponsor development
- Organize and coordinate donor and sponsor recognition and stewardship
- Coordinate annual giving program, including monthly giving, online giving, planned giving and other potential components.
- Prepare timely reports on fundraising results for internal and external use
- Prepare copy for fundraising-related publications and promotional materials
- Minimum experience of 2 to 3 years in fundraising
- Demonstrated commitment to fundraising and knowledge of best practices via s college certificate in fundraising and/or membership with a fundraising professional association.
- Grant writing experience
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven and effective ability in the use of social media
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Attention to detail and donor privacy issues
- Familiar with basic fundraising legislation
- Proven computer skills in database, spreadsheet and word-processing software
- Ability to work in a team situation
- Strongly self-motivated
This is a full-time position and the hours of work are flexible. The starting salary will be based upon the successful candidate’s training and experience. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm, Sunday, February 2, 2020. Only candidates whose applications are submitted to CharityVillage and chosen for interviews will be contacted. The Ottawa School of Art thanks all applicants for your interest.
Submit your application here: http://charityvillage.com/app/job-listings/23286ade-c933-ea11-80de-14187768272a?search=true
Marketing and Events Coordinator / Coordonnatrice du Marketing et des évènements
(613) 241-7471 ext/poste : 26